I was kind of put off by this update because it was only incremented by 1 whereas the desktop version can easy jump double-digits between builds. I was originally expecting a big new build, but the idea behind this particular update is to restore some of the functionality that was severely limited or hampered in the previous build. There are no new features in this build and was meant strictly to return functionality to the users that have decided to risk it all and go with a technical preview on their day-to-day primary phones.
For those of you with a Lumia 520 phone, you can now get this build. The 10051 was temporarily suspended for that particular model amid reports that a small number of users were having issues trying to roll their phones back to Windows Phone 8.1. The issue causing the failures was the way in which the Windows Phone Reset Tool was re-flashing these devices. Microsoft has released an update to the Windows Phone Reset Tool that should get those impacted by the issue up and running. More information on that is available here.
Are far as this build, the official announcement is here, and comes with these fixes:
- Flight mode can now be enabled.
- You can now disable data connections.
- Fixed the bug in which your phone’s MMS settings were lost after upgrading from Build 9941.
- Fixed the issue in which you couldn’t download keyboards for additional languages.
- Fixed the issue where the viewfinder in the Camera app gets composed incorrectly on some devices like the Lumia 1020.